Friday, February 17, 2017

Spa


Thermal Suite & Thalassotherapy Pool
    While on the May 2013 Magic cruise, my friend Tammy and I took the spa tour upon embarkation. On the tour we were told about the thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool and the special being run during the tour to use the service all week. We signed up thinking we could relax in a calming environment all week instead of picking one spa service for one time during the cruise. We thought it was a very good deal. The Carnival Breeze also has the same setup. Our spa deck room included use of the suite and pool all week from 8AM-10PM. The area is available for a fee for daily or weekly use. I used the area daily and at times the pool or thermal suites would be full.  Views are picturesque of the ocean and relaxing. Towels are provided. Location is in the spa area on deck 14 forward.


Thalassotherapy Pool








Heated Lounge Chairs









SPA SERVICES
     While I did not partake of any of pampering on this cruise, I have experienced spa services on previous cruises. The first time I had a massage was on our March 2012 Magic cruise. The massage was relaxing, however after the massage the staff attendant was hard selling the products and that was a turn off and made me wary of ever signing up for a spa service on a cruise. On the survey from Carnival I listed the spa experience as a negative. On the Breeze we took the spa tour to check out the thermal suite and pool area. I won a $100 gift certificate in the raffle draw. There are restrictions on the use of the certificate such as the type of services you can apply towards, so you do end up paying a portion. The nice part was that I was not given a sales job on the products. I even purchased a foot massage and was not sold any products, so I am not sure if the Carnival Spa staff have stopped their hard sell.
Every day there are spa specials and the spa area is pleasant. The gym area(no fee) has an ocean view and is open from 6AM-10PM daily on deck 12 forward in the spa area.





No comments:

Post a Comment